Infant Optics DXR-5 2.4 GHz Digital Video Baby Monitor with Night VisionFree shipping
11 used from $75.81
- 2.4 TFT screen with super sensitive built in microphone
- 2.4 GHz static free digital wireless transmission covering distances of up to 800 feet in open areas, or 150ft in enclosed areas
- Uses FHSS (Automatic Frequency Hoping System) - jumps between different channels in the 2.4 GHz range which virtually 'encrypts' the data
- Automatic IR night vision,A/C Power: 6 V 1 A DC adaptor
- Automatic voice activation power saving mode - monitor unit shuts down automatically if no noise is sensed for 3 minutes
If you are looking for a video baby monitor with all the features you need and none of the ones that you don’t, the Infant Optics DXR-5 2.4 GHz Digital Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision is the monitor for you. It is consistently one of the top 10 selling baby monitors on Amazon for a good reason. It is a good quality monitor at a reasonable price. At under $100 it will give you the peace of mind you need no matter where you are in the house, or even yard, without the wallet breaking price.
It has a slim design and is lightweight for portability around the house which allows you to keep an eye on your baby at all times and still has an extended life lithium ion rechargeable battery that supports a 2.4 inch crystal clear TFT screen for an impressive number of hours.
With a smooth streaming video at a rate of 30 frames per second, the Infant Optics DXR-5 2.4 GHz Digital Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision outperforms most of the other video monitors available in the market. The best part of the device is its indoor and outdoor range of almost 150 feet and 800 feet respectively that provides you the best chance to be connected despite your exact location in the house.
Key Features and specifications
Its 2.4 inch screen offers night visibility of up to 15 feet. This feature can be turned on and off by parents whenever it is needed.
The image quality of the infant optics video baby monitor is very high. This is because of the inclusion of the innovative video feed streaming at 30 frames for every second.
It features a wireless digital Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) transmission link that “jumps” between different channels in the 2.4 GHz range virtually encrypting the data, keeping preying eyes and ears from intercepting the signal.
It is fitted with a 900mAh lithium ion battery that has an extended useful life to allow parents to use the device throughout the day without the need of an adapter. The battery’s energy saving is due to the use of VOX technology which turns the device into standby mode after 3 minutes when the microphone records no noise. Any noise detected automatically turns the camera on, a feature that can be turned on or off by parents.
Voice clarity is enabled by a built-in module that eliminates white noise when sound levels fall below a certain limit.
Transmission of data is wireless, with a capability of 800 feet when used in an open area and 150 feet when used in an enclosed space.
The infant optics video baby monitor is easy to set up because it does not require software programs to be pre-loaded before use. It also comes with screws for mounting onto walls to offer parents an elevated view of their babies.
It is expandable up to a total of four different camera inputs, so that you can monitor four different kids or if you are really protective, one child with four cameras. Each additional camera is under $70, which is an excellent price compared to other add-on baby monitor cameras normally priced between $80- $100 each.
- Low Interference: The setting of the device is such that it gets activated only by noises (cries) that are genuinely loud.
- Price: Comfortably priced at $99.99 and with a host of features, this video monitor scores way above its contemporaries.
- Indoor Range: This portable video monitor boasts of terrific indoor reception even over large distances. As such, one can put the camera in the nursery and still get reception in the terrace.
- Power Saving: After 3 minutes of quiet from your baby’s room the energy efficient monitor turns off, saving substantial battery power.
- Expandable camera capacity: The video monitor can be used to receive signals over 4 private channels, allowing you the liberty to keep all your kids under constant watch.
- Easy Set Up: There are just two steps to setup this monitor. First, the adapter needs to be plugged into the camera and the video unit. Second, you need switch on the individual units to turn them on. This completes the setup, without having to undergo any burdensome software installation procedure.
- Camera: The camera has no pan and tilt, which are features that are beneficial in a video baby monitor. The only camera angle available is up. It does, although, include a wall mounting kit and a stand that will allow the angle of the camera to point downward if it is placed on a horizontal surface.
- Battery: The rechargeable battery is a non-standard size battery and the life of the battery could be longer. In a worst case scenario, the battery turns off without any prior warning.
- Outdoor Reception Range: The stated outdoor reception range from the manufacture is 800 feet. Most owners are not able to get reception to this great a distance.
Good Quality Monitor For A Reasonable Price!
If you are looking for a good quality video baby monitor for a sensible price, the Infant Optics DXR-5 2.4 GHz Digital Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision is the choice for you!
This does not cost much more than a good quality audio monitor and you get so much more. While it is certainly not a “high-tech” monitor, it has the features that you need.
If you are looking for a good quality video baby monitor for a sensible price, the Infant Optics DXR-5 2.4 GHz Digital Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision is the choice for you! This does not cost much more than a good quality audio monitor and you get so much more. While it is certainly not a “high-tech” monitor, it has the features that you need.